Monday, February 14, 2011

The Genesis

Alone
Alone I stand in no man's land,

Between antiquity and Zeitgeist,
Aware of my predicament,
Oblivious of its inception.

Alone I stand in a desolate land,
Plagued by drought,
Death by famine is my portion,
Like my forefathers of old.

Alone I stand in lack,
In a life with no direction,
From my elders little instruction,
Of which none provide.
I have for a while wanted to give my perspective on Kenya's current affairs and politics, a goal that has been rather elusive given that I am not the most eloquent of people. In the process, I rediscovered a passion I had for poetry back in high school.

So this is you, this is me, this is all of us.

6 comments:

  1. great start....so now that command of the Queen's Language is put into Good Use..

    ReplyDelete
  2. couldnt help noticing the date this was posted. Mmmmh, must be love inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @June... platonify platonicity :)
    @busy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this poem cuz....lemme RT it...;)

    ReplyDelete